Highlights of Tamil Nadu budget 2019-2020:
1. 9,975 personnel will be recruited this year for Uniformed Services.
2. Rs 491 crore has been allocated for free dhoti and saree scheme.
3. Rs 1,170 crore has been allocated for handlooms.
4. Rs 8,118 crore has been allocated as power subsidy for consumers.
5. Transport Department has been allocated Rs 1,298 crore, Family Welfare Department
6. Essential diagnostics will be made available at all government hospitals.
7. State Government to establish a new government arts and science college in Rameswaram in 2019-2020, which will be named after APJ Abdul Kalam.
8. Personnel will be recruited this year for Uniformed services.
9. Crore has been allocated for free dhoti and saree scheme.
10. Rs 1,656 crore has been allocated for school education, laptop scheme to get Rs 1,072 crore.
11. Rs 1,558 crore allocated for Rural Drinking Water schemes.
12. Cyclone Gaja relief placed at Rs 2,361 crore.
13. Rs 420 crore has been allocated for building 20,000 green houses.
14. Rs 100 crore has been allocated for Anna Varsity infrastructure upgrades.
15. Rs 18,274 crore has been allocated for Rural development.
16. Rs 726 crore has been allocated for construction railway over bridges.
17. Housing department to be allocated Rs 6,265 crore.
18. 20,000 green houses to be constructed in 2019-20.
19. Irrigation dept to get Rs 5,984 crore, veterinary dept to get Rs 1,252 crore.
20. Poverty alleviation department to get Rs 1,031 crore, fisheries dept allocated Rs 928 crore.
21. Housing and Urban development to get around Rs 6,250 crore, agriculture allocation to be at Rs 10,550 crore.
22. Rs 12,563.83 crore has been allocated to health sector, energy sector gets Rs 18,560 crore.
23. 2,000 solar agri pump sets to be distributed in 2019-20.
24. French food processing to set up an integrated industrial park near Chennai at an investment of Rs 2,000 crore.
25. Smart parking lots to be created across Chennai at a cost of Rs 2,000 crore.
26. Rs 172 crore has been allocated for rural industries.
27. Rs 100 crore has been allocated for new and innovative development projects.
28. Rs 200 crore has been allocated for sugarcane farmers.
29. Highways and small ports has been allotted Rs 13,605.
30. Rs 1,000 crore has been allocated for Atthikadavu Avinashi integrated drinking water project
31. Floating solar projects planned at a cost of Rs 1,150 crore in Theni, Salem and Erode districts.
32. 500 battery buses will ply in Chennai, Coimbatore and Madurai in the first phase.
33. TN govt estimates tax revenue to increase by 14 per cent in 2019-20.
34. Rs 28,757 crore has been allocated to education department.
35. 2,000 battery run buses will be purchased with German aid.
36. Rs 116 crore has been allocated for groynes in Kanyakumari district.
37. 38,000 dwelling units to be constructed for people living by riverside in Chennai.
38. Tamil Nadu borrowed around Rs 44,000 crore in 2018-19, state will borrow Rs 43,000 crore in 2019-2020.
39. Rs 18,700 crore has been allocated for Municipal Administration and Water board.
40. A frozen semen station for animals will be set up at a cost of Rs 100 crore
41. Rs 1252.41 crore has been allocated for animal husbandry and Rs 258.45 crore towards dairy.
42. Revenue is expected to grow by 14 per cent.
43. Rs 172.06 crore has been allocated towards farm mechanization.
44. State economic growth is estimated at 8.1 per cent.
45. Rs 100 crore has been allocated for horticulture.
46. Rs 10,000 crore has been set aside for offering farm loans.
47. Rs 300 crore has been allocated for desilting of lakes in the state.
48. Rs 621.59 crore has been allocated towards crop insurance scheme.
49. Per capita income in Tamil Nadu has increased to Rs 1,42,267 per annum.
50. Rs 250 crore has been set aside for payment of premium under accident cum life insurance scheme.
51. Rs 3,958 crore has been allocated towards social security pension.
52. Revenue for the financial year 2019-20 is estimated to be at Rs 1,97,721 crore.
53. Gaja cyclone relief: 1 lakh houses at a cost of Rs 980 crore to be built.
54. Expenditure is estimated to be at Rs 2,08,671 crore.
55. Fiscal deficit for 2019-20 will be Rs 44,176 crore which is 2.56 per cent of the GSDP.
56. Comprehensive integrated parking management project in Chennai will be set up at a cost of Rs 2,000 crore.
57. Revenue deficit expected to be Rs 14,315 crore against Rs 1,919 crore due to better revenue receipts.