Healthy and tasty Gooseberry rice recipe,
- Cooked Rice – 2 cups
- Coconut grated – 2 tbsp
- Amla / Nellikai – 2
- Seasame Oil – 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds / kadugu – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulunthu paruppu – 2 tsp
- Channa dal / Kadala paruppu – 1 tsp
- Peanuts / Verkadalai – 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Curry leaves – 2number
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Perungayam – pinch
- Salt as required
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Cut the Amla into pieces, remove the seeds.
- Without adding water grind the amla pieces and coconut together.
- Heat the pan with oil.
- Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Urad dal, Channa dal and peanuts to the pan.
- Once it turns light brown, add finely chopped green chilli, Ginger garlic paste and curry leaves.
- Saute for few seconds, then add turmeric powder, hing, salt and amla ground paste.
- Saute for a minute, finally add lemon juice and mix well.
- After a minute switch off the stove.
- Mix Cooked Rice and cooked Amla rice