- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon sticks -1
- Cardamon – 2
- Cloves – 2 tbsp
- Garkic – 5pods
- Ginger – 1
- Onion (medium sized) – 2 No. (thinly sliced)
- Buttom Mushrooms – 300 gms
- Black pepper – 1 tbsp
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Basmati rice – 1 cup
- Water – 1.5 cup
- Salt – required amount
1. Take a cooker and add ghee. Once its gets melted, add cloves, cardamom and cinnamon on to the ghee.
2. Add onions and saute well until it turns golden brown in color.
3. Then add ginger garlic pepper paste and saute it well.
4. Saute the mixture well for about 5-6minutes.
5. The mixture will become dry in this stage add mushroom and mix thoroughly so that the masala and flavor gets mixed and coated well on the mushroom.
6. And the add rice, as stated above, for one cup of rice, add one and half cups of water, and cook the content for 2 whistles in high flame.
7. After 2 whistles switch off the stove and wait for the pressure to get released on its own.
8. Wait until the pressure to release completely and then open it. You will find a soft fluffed up rice. And your mushroom pulao is ready to eat!
9. This recipe can served hot with brinjal gravy, Chicken gravy or chilli chicken.
This is an excellent lunch box recipe for kids as well as adults. As we do not add any green chillies, the dish is going to suit kids of all ages without much spicy taste.
This is an good lunch box recipe for kids as well as adults. This is also be a good option for Sunday lunch menu!