Bread upma or Bachelor recipe easy breakfast recipe which takes very less time and turns out very tasty.
- Bread – 6 to 7 slices (cut in cubes)
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard – ½ spoon
- Cumin seeds – ½ spoon
- Curry leaves – a string
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 large (finely chopped)
- Green chilies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger and Gralic past(half spoon)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
- Chilli powder (optional) – ½ spoon
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
1. Take a pan and add oil
2. Once the oil gets hot, add mustard seed, cumin seeds and Urad dal and wait till it sputter.
3. Add curry leaves, ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Then add onions and fry well. Add a pinch of salt to catalyze cooking of onion.
4. Once onion gets fried, add tomatoes and fry well.
5. Find the onion, mix coming to a pulpy consistency, add turmeric powder, asafetida, required salt for the dish, and chilli powder(optional). Thoroughly mix everything and make the base for the Upma.
6. To this, add the bread pieces that are cut into cubes and gently mix so that the masala gets coated onto the bread pieces. The bread will get slightly crispy as you fry.
7. Finally add chopped coriander leaves (finely chopped) for garnishing.
This is an excellent tasting, quick recipe highly suitable for bachelors who run out of time, but still want to relish home cooked foods!