Step by step preparation process for Curry leaves powder(Karuvepilai podi) at home:
- Curry leaves – 3 cup
- Red Chilli – 8
- Asafoetida- pinch
- Urad dal- 100 gram
- Oil – 3 spoons
- Salt – as required
1. Wash the fresh curry leaves and spread the leaves on the clean towel. Allow the curry leaves to completely dry fro 5 to 6 hours.
2. Heat Kadai and add one spoon of oil, add Urad dal, toast the dal till it turns golden brown and keep aside.
3. Heat Kadai and add one spoon of oil then add red chillies, toasted for a minute. Keep aside.
4. Heat kadai again and add one tablespoon of oil, add all the curry leaves. Fry the leaves till it become crunchy.
5. Then add all the roasted ingredients in the jar and dry grind the ingredients with pinch of salt and asafoetida.
6. Store it in a air tight container.
7. Serve this with hot rice and ghee.
Note: Oil is optional, you can dry roast all the ingredients without oil.